Delaware Academy for School Leadership
Fourteen aspiring school leaders were selected from a statewide pool of applicants to participate in the 2018-2019 UDEL Principal Preparation Program. Candidates will spend the next 18 months completing University of Delaware school leadership coursework and will complete two internship assignments mentored by Delaware principals in which they’ll gain over 240 hours of field experience. Additionally, they will practice giving educators feedback using the Delaware Performance Appraisal System as credentialed evaluators and have opportunities to learn from guest seminar speakers on topics like coaching and mentoring, leading for equity, supporting the needs of various learners, guiding solid literacy development, and current state initiatives.
After completing all program requirements, candidates will receive Delaware assistant principal/principal certification and receive ongoing leadership coaching and support from the Delaware Academy for School Leadership.
UDEL PPP Cohort IV members pictured above. Not pictured: Michelle Bundek and Jill Szymanski.
UDEL Principal Preparation Program Cohort IV is comprised of the following candidates representing 9 Delaware School Districts:
- Kristin Brown-Massey, Capital School District
- Michelle Bundek, Capital School District
- Zachary Furbay, Laurel School District
- Maria Hazzard, Indian River School District
- Shervaun Hinton, Polytech School District
- Elizabeth Illian, Indian River School District
- Jodie Klein, Appoquinimink School District
- Jennifer Lail, Capital School District
- Brian Mitchell, New Castle County Vo Tech School District
- Laurie Moorman, Milford School District
- Ryan Moseley, Appoquinimink School District
- Charlene Rainer, Christina School District
- Jill Szymanski, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Rebecca Vecchio, Appoquinimink School District
For more information about the UDEL Principal Preparation Program, visit bit.ly/UDELPPP. Applications for the next cohort of aspiring leaders will be accepted in fall 2019.