Delaware Academy for School Leadership
DASL IS HIRING!
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Under the limited direction of a Senior Leadership Specialist for DASL, the DASL Leadership Specialist will work with schools to provide quality professional development for administrators and teachers through the offering of webinars, professional development, demonstration lessons, coaching and mentorship. The DASL Leadership Specialist will work to enhance school leaders’ instructional knowledge and pedagogy and student outcomes in partnership schools.
- Develop and facilitate professional development programs aimed at enhancing educators’ knowledge and skills.
- Participate in the development and implementation of projects to accomplish DASL’s strategic plan and goals.
- Coach/mentor PK-12 school and district leaders to enhance their knowledge and skills linked to the teacher and leader professional standards (INTASC and PSEL).
- Plan and facilitate virtual learning opportunities for PK-20 educators.
- Collaborate with DASL colleagues and external partners such as DOE and DASA to co-plan. professional development and statewide conferences for PK-20 educators and policy leaders
- Serve on state committees.
- Lead DASL projects in collaboration with DASL colleagues and district partners.
- Work with DASL Senior Associate Director to secure external funding.
- Complete data analysis and develop program reports.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Masters degree in Education, Educational Leadership or related field and five years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Doctor of Education preferred. Awareness of equity centered practices, research, and strategies. The ability to work with educational leaders, School Boards, teachers, and communities to proactively improve issues and matters related to social justice. Competency in current research-based instructional strategies. Effective organization and communication skills, both oral and written. Credibility with teachers, school/district staff administration, and DOE personnel. Experience providing professional development and technical guidance in integrating new strategies and techniques into classroom instruction. Ability to problem solve, implement, and evaluate solutions. Program planning and organizational skills. Experience with adult learning theory. Ability to work with a wide variety of educational stakeholders internal and external to the University. Experience working with diverse students and students with special needs. Supervisory experience preferred. Effective experience with Google Docs, Schoology, Canvas, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other educational tools and platforms.
Accessible, reliable transportation to travel in-state and out-of-state with short notice, sometimes for a week. The physical environment requires the candidate to arrange rooms for professional development and ensure that all equipment and materials are available. Frequently required to move tables, chairs and equipment and transport materials and technology equipment to conduct training sessions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.