8th Annual Policy and Practice Institute
Delaware’s Cohesive Leadership System: Celebrating a Decade of Innovation and Practice
June 23, 2010
Dover Downs Hotel and Conference Center, Dover, Delaware
View the conference brochure containing registration and program information.
Access the conference registration form to register for the conference.
The theme of the 8th Annual Policy & Practice Institute is “Delaware’s Cohesive Leadership System: Celebrating a Decade of Innovation and Practice.” For the past ten years, the Delaware Department of Education, in collaboration with the Delaware Academy for School Leadership at the University of Delaware, has received funding from the Wallace Foundation to develop policies and practices related to standards, training and working conditions for school leaders. A recent study by the RAND Corporation recognized the progress Delaware has made in developing an aligned system of leadership. During the institute we will recognize these best practices and celebrate a decade of collaboration and success.
- Keynote: Ben Sayeski
- Breakout A:Improving School Leadership-The Promise of Cohesive Leadership
- Breakout B: Understanding and Closing Achievement Gaps
- Breakout C: Delaware’s New Coaching & Mentoring Program
- Breakout E: Aspiring Leaders Program-Sharon Brittingham, DASL
- Breakout E: Aspiring Leaders Program-Kathy O’Neill, SREB
- Breakout F: Nemour’s Making Schools a Moving Experience
- Breakout G: The SAMS Project-Finding Time to Lead Instruction
- Breakout K: Supervising Instruction Using Performance Based Evaluation
- National Board Certification for Principals-DASL
- National Board Certification for Principals-Kaitlyn Mittan, NBPTS
This entry was posted in Policy and Practice Institute.