|1. A master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. The applicant will provide transcripts.|
|2. A grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or evidence that the candidate placed in the 50th percentile for coursework completed in a master’s program.|
|3. Demonstrated excellence in teaching for a minimum of five years* as evidenced through formative and summative performance evaluations provided by the candidate.|
|4. A completed writing sample (up to three typed pages) reflecting upon the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders 2015 (PSEL 2015) to provide supportive evidence of:
1. A time when you provided leadership within your current organization.
2. A time when you used school or student data to inform decisions about programmatic or instructional changes in your current organization.
3. A time when you worked with the community or a group of parents to provide support to a specific group of students.
|5. Letters of recommendations from a current or previous supervisor and two others reflective of:
*Candidates with 3+ years teaching experience will be considered for program entry, assuming they will continue teaching while completing the UDEL PPP. However, Delaware Assistant Principal / Principal certification requires 5 years of teaching experience.
Candidates who satisfactorily meet criteria 1 through 5 above will be invited to an in-person interview with a panel consisting of the following members:
- Program Director
- Superintendent/principal supervisor from a partnership district
- Principal from a partnership school
- Program instructor
Candidates who are not selected for the upcoming cohort will:
- Be placed on a waiting list, or
- Be encouraged to continue engaging in leadership activities within their building/district and re-apply in the future.