Delaware Academy for School Leadership
2019 – 2020 DASL Professional Learning Networks
The University of Delaware Professional Learning Network, Leading Special Education Programs & Services, is intended for school teams, led by the school principal. This PLN is based on guiding principles about effective leaders of special education programs, aligned to the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (2015). The PLN will meet virtually & face-to-face across the 2019-2020 school year.
School teams are encouraged to register for this PLN in the 2019-2020 school year.
Register up to 6 individuals per team.
A team must include school principal or assistant principal.
The PLN will meet virtually & face-to-face 6 times across the 2019-2020 school year, and will receive one school site visit. A guiding text will be provided to each team member, and author David Bateman, Ph.D., will provide national expertise as a guest speaker at PLN meetings.
- Registration fee per school team: $2,500
- Register before 8/30/2019 for $100 discount.
- The UDEL PLN 1.0 is available to the first 15 school teams registered.
This Professional Learning Network is facilitated in partnership by the University of Delaware’s Delaware Academy for School Leadership and Center for Disability Studies.
2019-2020 PLN meeting dates:
Register at http://bit.ly/PLN2020
||All face-to-face sessions will be held in Dover, Delaware. Announced site visit support for each school team: January – March 2020|
2019-2020 PLN topics:
- Special Education Law (eg., IDEA, IEP and 504 processes);
- Family engagement (eg., Communication, collaboration, effective meetings, and Family Education Rights & Privacy Act/FERPA);
- The Inclusive School (eg., Co-teaching models and practices, SAMs, and accommodations & modifications);
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL);
- Accessible Teaching Materials and Accessible Instruction;
- Standards-based IEPs;
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (eg., MTSS framework, behavior interventions, PBS); and