Delaware Academy for School Leadership
UDEL Professional Learning Network: Design Thinking Applied to Supporting Special Education
This UDEL Professional Learning Network is intended for 8 school teams, up to 6 individuals per team, must include the principal or assistant principal, is based on guiding principles about effective leadership of special education programs, and is aligned to the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (2015). Participants will be trained in NASSP-Design Thinking Process (Design Thinking Solves a Problem of Practice)
- Teams will develop a Design Challenge focused on the needs of their special education students and create a solution which will generate sustainable change within their school and/or district.
- Exploring current action research in special education and its impact on your Design Challenge
- A prototype will be developed, tested, and implemented.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from across the state.
- Access to professional resources, current research and experts in the field of special education.
- Personalized feedback from DASL Specialists.
The PLN will meet for 4 training sessions and 2 site visits for 6 times across the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
Dates for Training Sessions
February 24th, 2021
March 10th, 2021
April 14th, 2021
May 5th, 2021
Sessions and site visits can be completed virtually.