Connie Fisher, Coach
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership with an emphasis on curriculum and instruction, University of Delaware
- Master of Instruction, University of Delaware
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education, University of Delaware
Connie is a native Delawarean, serving 22 years in Delaware’s Public Education System. Her career in education began as a kindergarten teacher where she taught in rural, urban and suburban settings. She served in a variety of administrative roles: Administrator of the Douglass Kindergarten Center (Christina School District), Principal of Linden Hill Elementary (Red Clay), Manager of Elementary Schools (Red Clay), Special Assistant to the Superintendent for Accountability (Red Clay) and Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction (Red Clay). Connie developed and implemented a district-wide, school-based reform program that delivered systemic change in instruction and accountability. The program addressed key instructional areas (curriculum, instruction, professional development, formative assessments and meaningful teacher feedback) and key accountability areas (district and school-based achievement goals and targets, improvement plan process and teacher/administrator evaluations). The reform effort resulted in progressive improvements in student achievement district-wide, over multiple years.
Connie has taught at the college level on topics of literacy problems and child development.
Areas of special interest are district and school-wide improvement; curriculum/instruction audits, improvement planning process, providing meaningful feedback to teachers, team building, parent/community engagement, project management, grant writing and early childhood education.
Professional Contributions and Awards
- Primary writer of a 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant: Project C.H.A.N.C.E., for whichRed Clay was awarded approximately three million dollars over the course of three years, to support three high poverty schools.
- Served on LT. Governor’s Committee—Models of Excellence Initiative
- Published Articles (Trade Secrets, Delaware Leaders)
- Awarded University of Delaware Education Alumni Commitment to Education Award
- Recipient of National School Public Relations Association’s Golden Achievement Award for exemplary public relations communications: Parent Brochure on Academic Standards
- Recipient of Award of Excellence from National School Public Relations Association for a Parent Publication: A Parent’s Guide to The World of Kindergarten
- Recipient of Award of Merit from National School Public Relations Association for Magnet School Marketing Campaign
- Linden Hill School recipient of Redbook’s Best in the State Award
- Delaware Elementary School Principals Association (DESPA—Past Treasurer)
- Delaware Principals’ Academy Executive Committee Member (1997-2000)
- Delaware Association for Childhood Education (D.A.C.E.–Past President)
- Inducted into the Hall of Excellence by the Delaware Association for Childhood Education