Reasons to Partner with DASL
1. We are experienced and highly effective school leaders who have worked in elementary and secondary schools, district offices, the Department of Education, and in institutions of higher education.
2. Our school leadership specialists include experienced teachers and project managers, Principals of National Blue Ribbon Schools, National Distinguished Elementary and Secondary School Principals, Superintendents of the Year, and effective education leaders from across the State of Delaware and nationally.
3. We understand adult learning theory and provide professional learning experiences that are engaging and action-oriented.
4. We are informed by current research regarding school leadership policies and practices.
5. We align all professional learning to the National Policy Board Professional Standards for School Leadership, Learning Forward Standards for Professional Learning and the Model Standards for Teacher Leadership.
6. We collaborate with faculty from the College of Education and Human Development and the College of Arts and Sciences to provide high quality learning experiences to our partners.
7. We are a technical assistance partner to the Wallace Foundation.
8. Our school leadership specialists are credentialed to provide training and to support using the Delaware’s Performance Appraisal System for Teachers, Specialists and Administrators.
9. We have experience working with districts to create principal pipeline and district level leadership.
10. We provide customized professional learning and a blended coaching model to support our partners.
11. Our team of school leadership specialists care about the success of our partners and work tirelessly to provide support and resources that lead to success for every student.
12. Our Leadership Specialists are intentional about the development of district and school leaders who strive for equity of educational opportunity and culturally responsive practices to promote each student’s academic success and well-being.