Jobs for Delaware Graduates
The Delaware Academy for School Leadership is contracted by the Delaware Department of Education and Jobs for Delaware Graduates to provide professional development and credentialing to Job Specialists. DASL staff train Job Specialists in classroom instructional and management practices. In addition, DASL staff conducts two formative evaluations using DPAS to provide feedback and support. Jobs for Delaware Graduates offers various programs to at-risk middle school and high school students throughout the state of Delaware.
JDG Job Specialists are dedicated to improving the academic and employment success rates of student participants. Jobs for Delaware Graduates programs develop individual service strategies to enable each student to set personal, academic, and career goals. What’s more, JDG personnel and classroom specialists monitor participants’ progress toward achieving those goals. DASL’s role is to provide training and monitoring of instructional practices to newly hired Job Specialists.
What are the benefits of the JDG Program?
Through JDG programs, each participant receives:
- Assessments to determine skills and job career interests
- An approved career pathway that meets state graduation requirements
- An approved, structured cooperative work experience for eligible seniors (if available at high school)
- Course completion assistance to bring students up to grade level and begin post-secondary education/training/placement
- Job skill development
- Job shadowing experiences
- Part-time/full-time job placement
- Follow-up services for 12 months after 12th-grade graduation
- School dropout prevention through early intervention and service delivery
- School dropout recovery (outreach) from referrals and contacts provided by school teachers, counselors, administrators, parents, and state and local agencies or authorities
- Priority status for students eligible under Workforce Investment Act (WIA) criteria to participate in subsidized summer employment experiences