Delaware Academy for School Leadership
Our mission is to facilitate ongoing professional learning opportunities for educators that maximize student growth through the use of promising, research-based practices.
To accomplish this, we
- Facilitate research-based/promising professional learning services and ongoing support to schools and districts.
- Support and coach teachers and leaders to identify and articulate critical components of standards-aligned classrooms.
- Provide customized, capacity-building services by taking an active role in planning, implementing, and/or monitoring school improvement initiatives.
- Provide aspiring teachers and leaders comprehensive educational programs based on research and exemplary practice to prepare them for a variety of career opportunities in the field of education.
- Design, conduct, and disseminate research on contemporary educational issues that impact student learning and educator practice.
- Serve as policy advisors to state and national organizations.
Our vision is to become a preeminent service provider of professional learning for educators in the state of Delaware and the nation.
The PDCE does not deliver one-size-fits-all training for educators. We partner with schools and districts to provide customized professional learning and support. When you partner with PDCE, you can expect that we will:
- meet with stakeholders in your school or district to discuss needs and goals
- collaborate with you in conducting a needs assessment that includes classroom walkthroughs, interviews with teachers and administrators, and review of documents from your district
- develop a comprehensive plan for professional learning that meets the needs of educators in your school or district
- facilitate professional learning based on your goals
- regularly communicate with you about the progress made in service of those goals