Delaware Academy for School Leadership
Grant Writing Support
The Professional Development Center for Educators’ Social Studies partners with districts to write and implement a wide range of grants at the local, state and federal levels. PDCE professionals have enjoyed considerable success writing and implementing grants that have supported professional learning and curriculum development at the school, district and state level. Our grant work has resulted in the infusion of millions of dollars in external support throughout the state that has transformed instruction while also raising levels of student achievement. PDCE stands eager and poised to work with LEAs to assist with grants of varying sizes.
Successful Grant Support:
- USDOE Office of Innovation Teaching American History Grants – $5 million (Appoquinimink, Brandywine, Caesar Rodney, Capital, Colonial, Red Clay, Christina, Indian River, Lake Forest, Smyrna, Woodbridge)
- Delaware DOE Title II Highly Qualified Teachers and Improving Teacher Quality Grant: Job-embedded Professional Development for High Needs Schools – $237,000 (East Side Charter School, Family Foundations Academy, Las Americas Aspira Academy, Christina, Red Clay, Colonial, Capital, Woodbridge)
- Delaware DOE Math Science Partnership Grant: DISCovery: The Discover Delaware Interdisciplinary STEAM Citizen Science Project – $160,000 (Appoquinimink, Brandywine, Capital, Christina, Colonial, Milford, Smyrna)
- Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources Grant – $20,000 (provided statewide support).
- National Writing Project Invitational Summer Institute Grant– $15,000 serves teachers statewide that are interested in receiving professional development on improving writing instruction.
- National Writing Project College and Career Ready Writers Program– $20,000 provides argument writing support to Seaford School District’s Middle and High School Teachers.