The PDCE science team has comprehensive K-12 experience in supporting teachers align instruction to content standards, develop student-centered curriculum, and examine practice using data on student outcomes. Our team is dedicated to serving the needs of teachers and students in diverse classrooms.
When schools and districts partner with us, they receive comprehensive supports in conceptualizing goals for professional learning, developing and implementing a professional learning plan, and evaluating the effectiveness of the supports for driving high quality science teaching and learning.
Our science team has extensive K-12 classroom teacher experience. We work with teachers across the trajectory of the profession, including preservice and early induction teachers, mid-career and highly experienced teachers. Our work with teachers is hands-on; we believe in working collaboratively with teachers to solve problems of practice. You’ll frequently find us with our teacher partners in their classrooms, co-teaching lessons, reviewing assessment data to make instructional decisions, or enhancing lesson and unit plans to ensure students will have access to engaging, standards-aligned instruction.
Our professional learning programs are grounded in research-based practices in science and STEM education and adult learning. We strive to make science and STEM education research relatable and practical for today’s complex classrooms. A few of the services we provide to teachers in our partner schools and districts include:
- Supporting teachers in understanding the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Provide content or pedagogy workshops on particular science and engineering education topics
- Conduct walkthroughs and observations of classroom teaching, and provide timely feedback for enhancing science instruction.
We work side-by-side with teachers to develop engaging NGSS-aligned science and engineering instruction to:
- Align curriculum and instruction to state science standards.
- Expand teachers’ knowledge of valid and reliable formative, summative and performance assessments
- Support the data-driven decision making of professional learning communities
- Enhance teachers’ pedagogical skills for student-centered instruction
- Coaching, mentoring, and co-teaching with classroom teachers and instructional leaders
We work collaboratively with building and district administrators to develop a vision of high-quality science education, which includes comprehensive knowledge of NGSS, what it should look like in science classrooms, and how teachers effectively facilitate student-centered learning.
- Academy of Dover
- Brandywine School District
- Cape Henlopen School District
- Capital School District
- Christina School District
- Colonial School District
- Delmar School District
- Indian River School District
- Islamic Academy of Delaware
- Lake Forest School District
- Laurel School District
- Milford School District
- Newark Charter School
- Positive Outcomes Charter School
- Smyrna School District
- Woodbridge School District